Podcasting isn’t new, but thanks to an all new ability to customize and personalize our listening preferences on our smart phones & tablets, and take it with you anywhere, anytime – it’s a great way for audiences to learn, absorb, and connect with insights you may have through great content.
That said, we’re kinda proud of what we’ve kicked out.
Speaking of not new…I professionally stole this blog post idea from DJ Waldow of The Work Talk Show. I say professionally as in I’m pretty sure DJ won’t mind. After all, he’s been an awesome guest on our show and he stole this from Chris Brogan. So there.
So, what is The Marketing #Squadcast ?
First, if you’re new to the party – a little background: two years ago this month Brandon Uttley and Scott Hepburn (my Social Media Charlotte cohorts and competition respectively), and I were sitting around slurpin’ overpriced coffee, pissin’ and moanin’, drawing and measuring our entrepreneurial workloads, applauding, criticizing, comparing wins and losses. We had so much in common… dealing with clients and projects and trying to make a living – we decided to record our little chats.
Our goal was simple. Be REAL about marketing. No bullshit for the sake of being PC. Invite other experts and standouts in to talk the way people in the boardrooms and hallways really talk. Provide honesty about what we’ve all found to work, and what we like and don’t like.
These days: we remain “Off the cuff. Always on target” as we bring in the best and brightest to join us to take aim at the latest news, views and trends in marketing, business, public relations, social media, and sales.
Sometimes the guests show up.
Here’s 13 reasons to subscribe and celebrate as The Marketing #Squadcast turns 2 years old. These are in no particular order. We’ve done 47 episodes…hard to pick just 13 out of all the great talent that has visited us.
- Adam Holden-Bache of Mass Transmit has talked Email Marketing
- We were live at Social Fresh Charlotte in 2011 and joined on the couch by Chris Penn, Peter Shankman, Eric Boggs, Mike Mahoney, David Thomas, Jeff Cohen, Chad Elkins, and … DJ Waldow (see how I did that?)
- Russell White, an authority on business in the new economy joined us to tell us about Retaining Top Talent in a Free Agent Market.
- Ira Bass, Charlotte’s “LinkedIn Guy” gave us job search tips and pointers.
- Anthony Proctor with 1060Creative gave some tips to help your videos stand out.
- Jason Falls was on the phone to call BULLSHIT on brands who still haven’t figured out how to do Social Media after all these years.
- Fabi Preslar with Spark Publications & Tamela Rich, Author and Motorcycle Adventurist said “Self-Publishing” gets a bad rap.
- Lawrence Shaheen, weighed in on a political marketing.
- Social Media Examiner CEO and founder of Michael Stelzner talked white papers, social media, podcasting and marketing.
- The lovely and talented Queen of Content Ann Handley gave us Content Rules insight, and some belly laughs.
- John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing, chimed in on marketing for small businesses and his books Duct Tape Marketing, The Referral Engine, and The Commitment Engine.
- Brian Wallace, with NowSourcing, Inc., talked about the latest obsession of Al Gore’s interwebs – INFOGRAPHICS.
- This past episode, Ron Coleman with the law firm Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP in New York discussed commercial law, trademark, copyright issues, and if your marketing is legal.
Oh, and for 13.5… for our official celebration – (wait for it….)
O.K. That’s long enough.
Gentle listeners, we have the Poobah of branding and personal business development …the one and only Chris Brogan joining the showgram to chime in and help us celebrate on #Squadcast 48 dropping next Tuesday June 4th.
I know right? We’re honored and a little giddy.
So as you can see, we’re convinced (albeit biased). Are you?
Here’s A Few Ways to Subscribe to The Marketing Squadcast so you’ll be one of the cool kids:
Of course you can listen to each episode on our website
If you haven’t done so, be sure to sign up for Brandon’s “Cool Tech Tools“. We review his list every episode, but you might as well get your own copy delivered right in your inbox in a timely manner.
Got a topic or rant you want us to tackle? Got a guest recommendation? Have a marketing challenge keeping you up at night? Want to be a guest on our show?
Connect with us …give us something to talk about:
- Follow & tweet on twitter
- Like & chat on Facebook
- Circle & engage on Google+
- Join & discuss on LinkedIn Group
- Rate & review us on iTunes
- Send us an email
- Leave a comment below
If you’re already a regular – THANKS! Brandon and I appreciate ya.